Cosmetic Dentistry in Kingsport, TN
Is there something about your smile that you would like to change?
Our goal is to help you achieve excellent oral health, but a great-looking smile is important too. Your cosmetic makeover starts with a smile consultation with Dr. Andrew Hagan. We take the time needed to understand your vision and expectations and give you results you’re thrilled about.
Our highly trained dental team has expertise in using the latest dental techniques and materials, creating just about any outcome you desire. If you are considering cosmetic dentistry in Kingsport, TN, please call our office to schedule a smile consultation.
- What are some problems cosmetic dentistry can fix?
- What are some inexpensive ways to improve my smile?
Professional Teeth Whitening
- Why should I see a dentist for teeth whitening?
- Am I a good candidate for professional teeth whitening?
Tooth-Colored Fillings and Dental Bonding
What can I fix with cosmetic dentistry?
Feeling dissatisfied with your smile can reach into many areas of your life. Cosmetic dentistry can help if you:
- Frequently think about the flaws in your teeth
- Try to hide your smile or avoid laughing because of a dental flaw
- Aren’t comfortable having your picture taken
- Find your tongue often landing on a certain area in your mouth
- Have any other negative feelings related to your smile or teeth
Dr. Andrew Hagan is an expert in cosmetic dentistry in Kingsport, TN and enjoys helping his patients achieve their dream smile. Cosmetic dental treatments have come a long way in the last decade and offer something for everyone. We can help you fix these kind of problems:
- Chipped, misshapen, or worn down teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Dull, stained, or yellowed teeth
- Missing teeth
- Unsightly silver fillings
- Minor teeth misalignment
In many cases, achieving your goal may involve more than one treatment. Rest assured that we will take the time needed to explain your options fully and help you choose the ones that fit all your needs and budget.
What are some inexpensive ways to improve my smile?
Fixing distracting dental flaws and brightening your smile has never been easier. Many patients find that these simple cosmetic dentistry treatments give them a smile they love:
- Professional teeth whitening is one of the most cost-effective ways to enhance your smile, yet this treatment has a big impact on your appearance. Whiter teeth help you look younger and healthier and feel more confident about smiling and laughing.
- Dental bonding is a noninvasive, inexpensive way to fix teeth that have chips or small gaps, are too small, or misshapen. Using a tooth-colored composite resin, Dr. Hagan shapes the material around the tooth for just the right shape and size. With dental bonding, anesthesia is often unnecessary.
- Tooth-colored fillings are a simple way to upgrade silver (amalgam) fillings to a more aesthetically pleasing look. If your tooth needs a new filling, Dr. Hagan will discuss this cosmetic and functional dental treatment with you.
Why should I see a dentist for teeth whitening?
Most people accumulate a lifetime of stains on their teeth from food, drinks, and other sources like tobacco and medications. Our teeth also naturally darken over time when our tooth enamel wears down and exposes the dentin underneath.
Professional teeth whitening removes most stains and adds a noticeable sparkle to your smile. While drugstore whitening kits may be cheaper, the results can be unpredictable and short term.
At our Kingsport, TN dental office, we offer both in-office teeth whitening and take-home whitening kits. If you have an event coming up and need brighter teeth fast, you’ll love in-office teeth whitening process that gives one-hour results.
Many patients prefer the convenience of whitening their teeth at home, and that’s why we provide professional take-home teeth whitening kits. When you visit Dr. Andrew Hagan for your professional teeth whitening kit, you’ll get these benefits:
- High-grade prescription whitening gel that provides reliable results
- Customized whitening trays made from impressions of your teeth. These trays keep the whitening gel off your gums and ensure an even distribution on your teeth.
- Individualized instructions for your unique dental needs
Call our dental office today (423) 239-8021 to schedule your professional teeth whitening treatment!
Am I a good candidate for professional teeth whitening?
When you visit our Kingsport dental office, we’ll examine your teeth and gums to check for any underlying oral issues. We’ll also ask about your general overall health, such as whether you have any allergies or are pregnant or lactating.
If you have untreated cavities or gum disease, we may recommend treating those conditions before teeth whitening. Also, if you typically have sensitive teeth (even with healthy teeth and gums), we may offer an alternative treatment for your discolored teeth.
Can tooth-colored fillings improve my smile?
No one wants a tooth filling to bring attention to their mouth. Although silver (amalgam) and gold fillings used to be the most common materials used for fillings, many people prefer more esthetically pleasing, tooth-colored fillings.
Made of composite resin material, tooth-colored fillings can upgrade your smile and provide protection at the same time. Contact us to learn if a tooth-colored filling is right for you!
What types of problems can dental bonding fix?
Dental bonding is a simple, noninvasive way to fix cosmetic dental issues such as:
- Repairing chipped teeth
- Lengthening teeth that are worn down or short
- Camouflaging discolored teeth
- Closing small gaps between teeth
Using the same strong, durable material as tooth-colored fillings, Dr. Hagan builds the material around the tooth. As the material bonds to the tooth and hardens, it closely resembles your other teeth in color, size, and shape.
How do porcelain veneers work?
Porcelain veneers hide many dental flaws like chips or cracks, uneven spacing between teeth, and even slight tooth misalignment. Dr. Andrew Hagan can place veneers on just one tooth or several teeth, and we can complete the entire process in just a couple appointments.
These ultra-thin, shell-like covers for teeth can fix not only dental flaws, but can give you a “Hollywood smile” that stands out from the crowd. The porcelain veneer process is straightforward:
- At your smile consultation, we’ll evaluate your oral health and goals to determine if porcelain veneers are right for you.
- At your first appointment, we’ll prepare the tooth by polishing a small amount of its surface.
- After we take impressions of your mouth, we’ll send them to a dental lab for fabrication. We will give you temporary veneers until the final ones are ready.
- When you return to our Kingsport dental office in a couple of weeks, we will ensure a good fit and bond them to your teeth. You’re sure to love the results!
What are the benefits of porcelain veneers?
With proper care, porcelain veneers look just like your natural teeth (or better!) and last a long time.
One the most exciting benefits of porcelain veneers is their translucent, glasslike appearance, which closely resemble dental enamel. If you want a dramatic upgrade to your smile, this cosmetic dentistry treatment at your Kingsport dental office will not disappoint.
- Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant.
- The veneers process is quick compared to orthodontics treatment.
- We don’t need to remove as much tooth structures as with dental crowns.
- Porcelain veneers are stronger than the composite material used for dental bonding.
How can I replace multiple missing teeth?
If you’re one of millions of Americans who is missing multiple teeth, you’re familiar with the impact this can have on your self-confidence and appearance. Fortunately, we offer several effective treatments for restoring your teeth so you can be proud of your smile again:
- Esthetic full or partial dentures that look natural and blend seamlessly with your own gum color.
- Implant-supported dentures that anchor your dentures for a stable, secure fit.
Schedule an appointment at our Kingsport, TN dental office to learn which treatment best fits your needs.
Are dental implants a good choice for me?
Dental implants are a popular choice for replacing a single tooth, multiple teeth, or for anchoring dentures. Dental implants stimulate bone growth in your jaw, don’t move or shift, and look completely natural.
Dr. Hagan places a biocompatible titanium post in your jawbone that we complete with a dental crown once the area heals. For this treatment to be successful, you need healthy gums, no serious health issues, and enough healthy bone in your jaw to support the dental implant.
Call to Schedule a Consultation
At Hagan Dental, we would love the opportunity to meet with you and help you achieve your dream smile. Please contact our Kingsport, TN dental office to arrange a smile consultation with Dr. Hagan.