Searching for a dentist for yourself can be challenging on its own, but trying to find the right dentist for your kids is an entirely different matter, or at least it should be.
You should take your time to find the right dentist because your child’s early dental experiences will set the stage for their attitude about oral care for the rest of their lives. You probably know or may even be a nervous adult patient whose fear stems from an unpleasant dental experience as a child, and this is what we want to avoid.
Start with Some Research
The process of finding the right dentist will take some work, but the reward will be your child’s healthy, problem-free smile!
- Check online review sites like Google and Yelp to see what other parents say about the dentist
- Ask friends and acquaintances if they would recommend their children’s dentist to you
- Look online for dentists in your area and visit their websites to get a feel for the practice.
Conduct an In-Person Interview
Next, you should make arrangements to interview the dentists in whom you’re most interested. Here is a list of questions you’ll want to have handy when you do.
- What ages of children do you typically treat?
- How do you care for a child who is fearful and anxious?
- What distractions do you offer to occupy kids?
The Office Environment
- How do you feel when you enter the practice?
- Were you welcomed immediately?
- Is the front desk team friendly and personable?
- Does the office seem relaxed and stress-free?
- Was the dentist patient and at ease with your child?
- Are parents allowed to stay with little kids?
Please Call Hagan Dentistry for An Appointment
We hope that you will consider Hagan Dentistry as your children’s dentist in Kingsport, TN. Dr. Brian Hagan loves working with little kids, and as a father of two, he knows what it takes to keep them happy and comfortable
Please call us today – we would love to meet you and your little one!